Having teeth and a smile that leaves a lasting impression can support you in job interviews, love and dating, influencing others, and building new friendships. Clean, straight, white teeth are something that is highly valued in our culture.
Not only do your teeth have an affect on others, but people who undergo cosmetic changes state feeling more happy and confident as well. Remember, you never want your teeth to be a distraction, you want people to hear what you are saying and be engaged with you.
Regardless of just your smile, there are many other factors that support you in making a good first impression.
Here are just a few:
- Posture. Your posture says whether you are confident, relaxed, or timid. Depending on the situation and your surroundings these could be good at different times. Most importantly, stand up tall and be proud of who you are. Confidence is the most attractive state of being when meeting new people, but there is such a thing as being overly confident and intimidating – which has an opposing affect.
- Clothing. Wear clothing that you feel good in, whatever that may be. It’s not necessarily what you wear, or how you wear it, but more about how you feel in what you are wearing. Wear clothing that you can comfortable move in, without fidgeting, and that accentuates or highlights what you love most about your body size and shape.
- Eye contact. Make eye contact as you connect with someone and do your best to remember their name. The more you are present with someone you meet, the bigger the impression you will make.
- Good hygiene. Practicing good hygiene is critical, from avoiding bad breath, dirty fingernails, and overly worn shoes and clothing. The more you take care of how you look, the more others will sense how you care for everything else in your life.
- Be a good conversationalist. People love to talk about themselves, so do your best to ask a lot of questions and keep the conversation centered around them. Stay neutral in your topics until you establish good rapport and a baseline for your relationships.
There are many ways in which you can make a good impression that integrate both feeling and looking your best. If improving your smile and teeth would increase your overall sense of well-being and confidence, we highly recommend you start taking steps towards that today. Give us a call to explore the possibilities.